The Benefits of Feeding Salubrious
DOGS DEPEND ON US!
WHAT COULD HONESTLY BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN NUTRITIONAL HEALTH?
1. Salubrious cold pressed dog food retains all the natural nutrients, vitamins and minerals present in the ingredients used after processing into pellets.
2. Salubrious cold pressed dog food retains all the natural smells and flavours of the ingredients used, so no need for artificial smells, flavours and colours.
3. Salubrious low temperature cook does not lead to the denature of proteins, Rendering the essential amino acids as undigestible. Amino acids are essential in the diet for maintaining the immune system, repairing body cells and producing hormones.
4. Salubrious low temperature cooking of the starch in the ingredients will not produce a chemical called Acrylamide, which converts to a compound called glycidamide, which causes mutations and damage to D.N.A, resulting in cancers when too much is eaten over a long period of time.
5. Salubrious low temperature cooking of proteins does not produce a chemical called cyclic-carbo amines, which is carcinogenic. Cyclic-carbo amines and acrylamide are produced when temperatures exceed 100◦C. Hot extruded kibbles are produced in excess of 130°C inside the extruder and up to 220°C inside the dryer to remove the excess water from the injected super heated steam, used to expand kibbles. This baking causes the maillard reaction which browns the kibbles as a result of the starch (sugars) and proteins being exposed to excessive heat. The browning is charring (imagine burnt toast), charred and carcinogenic.
6. Salubrious cold pressed pellets are dry to touch because we have no need to apply sprayed coatings to add back vaporised away, natural vitamins, minerals, smells and flavours. Kibbled dog foods all have a coating of artificial flavourings and smells so the dogs can recognise it as food and that's the residue left on your hands when you handle it.
7.Salubrious cold pressed pellets are best fed dry, straight out of the bag, with no need to soak them. If you do soak them in water or gravy you will notice that they do absorb moisture but don't expand, which is kinder on the dogs stomach. Kibbled dog food can more than double in volume by absorbing moisture, which can cause bloating and upset stomachs.
8. Salubrious manufacturing process to create cold pressed dog food pellets uses 80% less energy than that required by hot extrusion techniques, meaning a LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT.
9. Salubrious only uses ingredients grown and produced in the UK. LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT.
Herbs have long been relied on for medicinal purposes. Thousands of plant species around the world contain active constituents that help combat illnesses and help maintain good physical condition.
Herbal medicine often compliments conventional treatments, providing safe, well-tolerated remedies for chronic illnesses. It is a much gentler form of treatment and extremely safe to use.
Salubrious exclusive formulas contain special herbal mixes designated to promote general well-being at every stage of a dog's life.
Flaxseeds, Omega 3 & Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids
Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are essential for dogs. Omega 3 fatty acids are found in high concentrations in some terrestrial plants such as flaxseed and soybean oil. Enriched sources of Omega 6 fatty acids include terrestrial plant oils such as corn, sunflower, soybean and fats from animals such as poultry fat.
Recent clinical studies have shown that Omega 3 and 6 reduces the inflammatory mediators in canine skin. It also reduces possible skin irritation. Omega 3 and 6 also produce a marked improvement in the condition of dog coats.
It has also been shown that Omega 3 fatty acids may help prevent coronary heart disease, hypertension and mellitus, non-insulin-dependent diabetes, as well as renal disease, rheumatroid arthritis and ulcerative colitis. Flaxseed is a rich source of the lignans anti-cancer agents and may be effective in the prevention of cancer in animals.
Flaxseed is added to Salubrious Feeds.
The benefits of using the ingredients we do -
Cereal Grains - are well digested by dogs. Dogs have been eating scraps from the human table for millennia and have, unlike their wolf cousins, evolved digestive mechanisms to fully use their starch and protein.
We use whole wheat and barley grown on an arable farm next to our production plant. A great source of starch, protein and fibre to keep the digestive tract
and heart healthy.
Poultry Meal – a quality source of protein from dehydrated chicken and dried whole eggs, which are 98% digestible, with only 2% excreted (wasted). Also rich in omega 6 and 3.
Poultry Fat - all oils contains high levels of essential fatty acids such as linoleic and arachidonic acids to ensure optimum energy performance, enhance skin and coat condition, along with intestinal consistency.
Peas – are a legume, legumes are recognised for their ability to smooth the absorption of carbohydrates. Peas also are a good source of protein and fibre for promoting a healthy intestine. Used in human food and dog nutrition for hundreds of years.
Linseeds – are one of the best sources of omega-3 essential fatty acids (alphalinolenate) for a healthy skin and coat.
Beet Pulp – a rich source of fibre to help maintain the health of the intestines and to ensure poos are easily scooped.
Alfalfa – is a rich source of fibre, protein and being a legume, like our peas, can be used in rotational agricultural cropping to provide natural and free nitrogen in the soils for the next crop to follow. Alfalfa also ensures that gut health in the dog is not compromised.
Herbs – parsley, chicory, kelp, peppermint, basil, fennel, thyme, ginger, aniseed, yucca and rosemary. Exclusive formulas contain special herbal mixes designed to promote general Health, Well-being and Balance at every stage of a dog's life.